Tips for your visit
On this page, you will find tips for your visit and answers to frequently asked questions. We wish you a pleasant visit and a lot of fun observing and discovering!
Information for visitors of the Seal Centre Friedrichskoog during the covid-19 pandemic (March 2021)
The Centre is re-opening with a hygiene concept that has been approved by the responsible health authorities. We ask you to follow these rules. Thank you for your understanding.
We look forward to your visit!
Health and safety
Health and safety precautions
- If you feel sick, please stay home. We can not permit visitors who are infected with covid-19 or show other symptoms such as coughing, sneezing or the common cold.
- A mask has to be worn on the entire premises. This does not include children who have not yet concluded their sixth year of life and individuals who have a medical certificate to prove that they are unable to wear a face covering.
- The distance of one seal length (at least 1.5 m) to individuals belonging to a different household must be kept.
- Only a limited number of visitors are allowed on the premises at any one time.
- Please expect to wait a while. A prior registration is not possible.
- There are no public feedings of the seals living at the Centre permanently.
- Please follow the prescribed route through the Centre.
- Please take special care as a parent to ensure that your child(ren) also follow(s) the rules.
- Please voluntarily limit your stay to a maximum of 1.5 hours to enable other guests to visit the Centre.
- Further hygiene rules have been posted in the entrance building and on the Centre’s premises and have to be followed.
- The bistro is closed.
- The lockers can not be used.
- Please pay by card if possible.
- Group visits are currently not possible.
- Events and guided tours can still not take place.
Renovation of the Seal Centre
- The construction work continues – limitations are to be expected.
Only two areas of the Centre’s premises are available to visitors.
The rehabilitation pools can not be viewed! A camera live streams from the rehabilitation pools and gives visitors insight into this area.
The bistro is currently closed.
The bistro is rented out to Gila Rohwedder, Tel.: 04856-337.
The visitor area is mainly accessible and can be used with a wheelchair or walker. Along the pool complex of our resident animals, benches offer opportunities to rest.
The exhibition building is equipped with a lift for easy access to all levels. The bathrooms, including an accessible one, are located on the upper floor. Two accessible parking spots are available directly in front of the entrance building.
Dogs are not allowed at the Seal Centre Friedrichskoog. Please be advised that none of the parking at the Seal Centre is in the shade.
Taking pictures or videos is only permitted for private use! Publishing pictures (this also includes blogs and social networks like Facebook and Instagram) is only allowed with prior permission by the Seal Centre Friedrichskoog.
A limited number of parking spots, which are only suitable for passenger cars, are located directly at the Seal Centre. Further free visitor parking (P1 &P2) for passenger cars, cars with trailers or caravans is located across from the Seal Centre at the former harbour. From there, signs will lead you to the Seal Centre. The walk takes about 12 min. There are a few more parking spots only for passenger cars in the parking lots P4 and P5.