Information for visitors of the Seal Centre Friedrichskoog during the covid-19 pandemic (September 2021)
The Centre is re-opening with a hygiene concept that has been approved by the responsible health authorities. We ask you to follow these rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Please take with you:
- 3G – certificate – see below
- Identity card from the age of 16.
- A mask has to be worn on the entrance.
- 3G – certificate – see below
We update changes on an ongoing basis.
Please take care of your children, so that they also observe the rules.
We look forward to your visit!
Health and safety precautions:
- Please have your proof of vaccination or recovery ready at the entrance.
- If your are not vaccinated or recovered, you need a negative test result (rapid antigen test no older than 24h or PCR test no older than 48h) for admission. Please have your test result ready at the entrance.
- For or underage children, a certificate about regular testing at school is enough. During the school holidays, the certificate from the school needs to be accompanied by a written confirmation by the parents that a test was carried out and negative.
- Children under the age of seven are exempt.
- Tickets can be bought directly at the Seal Centre. They can not be reserved in advance or bought online.
If you feel or your child feels sick, please stay at home. We can not permit visitors who are infected with covid-19 or show other symptoms such as coughing, sneezing or the common cold.
A mask has to be worn on the entrance. This does not include children who have not yet concluded their sixth year of life and individuals who have a medical certificate to providing that they are unable to wear a face covering.
We are responsible for ensuring that chains of infection can be traced. For this reason we are obliged to collect your contact details. Of course, we guarantee the protection of your data. Here you can download the form and bring it filled out. It is also possible to use the “Luca app” or “Corona Warn-App”.
It is not possible to reserve time slots or online tickets.
Waiting times are to be excepted.
A distance of one seal length (at least 1.5 m) to individuals belonging to a different household must be kept.
- Only a limited number of visitors are allowed on the premises at any one time.
- As of September group visits and guided tours are possible again, please contact email@example.com to book or for further information. The feedings of our juveniles and seals living permanently at the Centre will be commented but we unfortunately cannot publish any times
Feedings take place at:
Our animals – 12 am and 4 pm
Rehabilitating seals – 11 am and 3 pm
Please follow the prescribed route through the Centre.
Please voluntarily limit your stay to a maximum of 1.5 hours to enable other guests to visit the Centre.
The bistro is closed.
The lockers can not be used.
Please pay by card if possible.
Further hygiene rules have been posted in the
entrance building and on the Centre’s premises and have to be followed.
Please note that violations exclusion from the premises of the Seal Centre!